The Art and Science of Everything

Formerly thoughts on gender and technology, I'm expanding this as a place to just generally geek out on gender, technology, design, cognition, perception, and culture. The title should not be considered hubris, but instead enthusiasm.

Tuesday, October 28, 2003

There, Inc. Delivers a Brave New Online World to Consumers:
- "Women rule: Women continue to be an underserved audience for online games despite women outnumbering men on the Web and spending more money online than men. There appeals to women; during Beta they returned more often than men and were more often leaders of the community."
[I wonder if there was a selection effect for the kinds of women they recruited to be beta testers. For example, they recruited me because they found me as the leader of the Women in CS group at Stanford. Otherwise, this bullet is obviously trying to imply that women gravitate towards community based approaches to engaging technology. Reminds me a little of Brenda Laurel type ideas, though I don't really know her ideas well enough to really say that.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home