The Art and Science of Everything

Formerly thoughts on gender and technology, I'm expanding this as a place to just generally geek out on gender, technology, design, cognition, perception, and culture. The title should not be considered hubris, but instead enthusiasm.

Sunday, May 16, 2004

WHOA.

PageRank uses the linking structure of the web to assess the relevance and quality of materials and information to be returned to the user. But the authorship of teh web is biased by the same biases as those who can produce HTML, right? (Not quite as the print world gets put on the web as well. But still. Prominent bloggers all seem to be guys, for example.)

Can I discern a gender effect on Google?

2 Comments:

  • At 5:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lilly, I found your blog while searching for the latest blog news covering Increase Pagerank, and although this post isn't a perfect match to what I am looking for, I certainly like the look and feel of your blog.

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Lilly, Your this post message is well received. I am just out searching for information on Search Engine Position and related and ended up on your blog. Although I'm not an avid "blogger", I have decided to save yours and come back since the information provided has substance.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home